Factiva®, from Dow Jones, provides essential business news and information together with the content delivery tools and services that enable professionals to make better decisions faster. Factiva's unrivalled collection of more than 10,000 authoritative sources includes the exclusive combination of The Wall Street Journal, the Financial TimesTM, Dow Jones and Reuters newswires and the Associated Press, as well as Reuters Fundamentals, and D&B company profiles.
Factiva's innovative, XML-based and Web services-enabled technology platform provides access to this rich content collection via Factiva's role-specific products or through customized enterprise, group or personal solutions. Executives, information professionals, marketers, salespeople, and other professionals can easily monitor and understand the latest news, market trends, and business challenges relevant to them - directly from the Microsoft® Office and job-specific applications they use every day.
- Factiva is owned by Dow Jones & Company
- Factiva has nearly 1.8 million paying subscribers
- Nearly 80% of the Fortune Global 500 has a Factiva account
- 2006: $290 million
- 2005: $281 million
- 2004: $263 million
- 2003: $245 million
FACTIVA INTELLIGENT INDEXINGTM
- 1.5 million+ company codes
- 880+ industry codes
- 355+ region codes
- 655+ subject codes
- 22 language codes
- 8 coding desks around the world
- 24X7 coding facilities
- Code an average of 5 million articles/month
- Code an average of 180,000 documents each day
- Factiva delivers articles from 4,500 Reuters and Dow Jones journalists worldwide.
- Of Factiva's more than 10,000 sources of content, more than 7,300 are updated regularly.<.li>
- Factiva delivers more than 5,500 trade journals covering more than 30 industries.
- Factiva provides the best view of local markets by delivering publications and pictures from more than 159 countries and 350 geographical regions worldwide.
- More than 2,300 sources are available on or before the date of publication.
- More than 2,300 newspapers
- More than 300 transcripts of media programs
- More than 3,500 Web sites*
- More than 2.4 million company reports
- More than 1.3 million people profiles
- More than 640 newswires, including the exclusive combination of Dow Jones, Reuters and The Associated Press
- More than 400 continuously updating newswires
- Reuters and Knight Ridder pictures
*Factiva also leverages more than 12,000 Web sites and more than four million of the most active blogs and message boards from third-party providers. This content is only available for select Factiva media and reputation intelligence solutions.
AVERAGE CONTENT ADDITIONS
- More than 180,000 articles every day
- More than 9,000 pictures added each week
- 2007 SIIA Codie award for Best Content Aggregation Service: Factiva.com
- 2007 SIIA Codie award for Best Online Business Service: Factiva SalesWorks
- 2007 FASTForward award for new and innovative ways to use search in the Factiva product suite
- 2006 Selling Power Sales Excellence Award: Factiva SalesWorks wins Best Sales Lead Management System
- 2006 EContent 100: Fee-based Information Service